Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
Qualification Number: 601/1636/5 Credit Value: 12 (Former PTLLS)
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF), which is aimed at learners aged 19 and over, provides an introduction to teaching for learners who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Private Training Providers, etc. It is also designed to meet the needs of various trainee teachers and learners currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) is ideal for new entrants into the teaching industry. It is also ideal for anyone currently teaching or who wishes to teach their specialised subject to others. If you are a trainer involved in providing funded Work- Based Learning (WBL), you may also be required to obtain Education and Training in order to satisfy the Learning Skills Council (LSC) requirements.
So, to gain the award, learners will need to attend a training course for a minimum of 48 guided learning hours and successfully complete assessments for the units. To attend, learners must be 19 and over.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF), with a Credit Value of 12, is delivered every month at various training venues/centres across London and throughout the United Kingdom, and has been designed to be completed in 3 days.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) comprises of mandatory and optional units. Learners must achieve a minimum of 12 credits by achieving:
- 3 credits from Mandatory Group A;
- 6 credits from Mandatory Group B; and
- 3 credits from Mandatory Group C
- Learners must complete a practical assessment consisting a 30-minute micro-teach session which will be delivered as part of the programme, after which both tutor and peer feedback will be given;
- Learners must complete and submit (over set deadline) a portfolio of evidence that will meet the learning outcome for the units that have been given; and
- Learners will be able to apply and show evidence of both theoretical and practical knowledge in their portfolio.
Condition of Entry
Learners are expected to meet the required standards of Functional Skills (English, Mathematics and ICT) needed to undertake this course and are expected to be qualified and/or experienced in the subject they might want to teach.
Following successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to progress to the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)