Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
Qualification Number: 601/1695/X Credit Value: 36
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF), which is aimed at learners aged 19 and over, prepares trainee teachers to teach in differing contexts. It is also designed to meet the needs of various trainee teachers and learners currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification which focuses on practical teaching.
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) is ideal for learners with some teaching and training experience. It is also ideal for anyone not currently teaching or training but satisfies the practice requirements stipulated in the mandatory and optional units.
So, to gain the award, learners will need to attend a training course for a minimum of 140 guided learning hours and learners must be able to evidence 30 hours of teaching practice. To attend, learners must be 19 and over.
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF), with a Credit Value of 36, is delivered every month at training centres/venues various training venues/centres across London and throughout the United Kingdom.
The Level Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) comprises of mandatory and optional units. Learners must achieve a minimum of 36 credits by achieving:
- 21 credits from Mandatory Group A; and
- 15 credits from Mandatory Group B
- Learners must complete a practical assessment consisting a 30-minute micro-teach session which will be delivered as part of the programme, after which both tutor and peer feedback will be given;
- Learners must complete and submit (over set deadline) a portfolio of evidence that will meet the learning outcome for the units that have been given; and
- Learners will be able to apply and show evidence of both theoretical and practical knowledge in their portfolio.
Condition of Entry
Learners are expected to meet the required standards of Functional Skills (English, Mathematics and ICT) needed to undertake this course and are expected to be qualified and/or experienced in the subject they might want to teach.
Following successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF)